IMPD investigates after body found fatally shot near far east side day care

The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department is investigating a death after a body was discovered near a daycare on the city’s far east side Friday morning.

Someone called authorities at approximately 7:40 a.m. to report the body, which was found outside the New Beginnings Learning Center located in the 3500 block of Roseway Drive.

When crews arrived, they located an unresponsive male in the street. He was pronounced dead on the scene.  Preliminary investigation revealed the man was shot.

According to homicide detectives, it is too early in the investigation to determine how the man died.

Police said the body was located approximately a block from the home daycare. They do not believe the daycare was connected to the death and do not believe the children were in danger.

If you have any information regarding this incident, please contact detectives at 317-262-8477.

18 Comments to “IMPD investigates after body found fatally shot near far east side day care”

January 11, 2013 at 9:31 AM

lol…wow! Can you imagine trying to drop off your child and having to call into work?

"Hi! Jim? I need to use a PTO today because I couldn't drop my child off on account of a body in front of my day care!"

lol

John762 said:
    January 11, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Hey Fox59 management I have a question for you! Why do you keep reporting that the body was found in front of a daycare center when in reality it was found in the middle of the road over a block away? Why do you feel the need to over sensationalize EVERY story that you report on? This tragedy had nothing to do with a daycare center yet it's brought up everytime this story is addressed, what are you trying to prove?
    This is the same thing you're doing with the story about the woman who drove her car through deep water and got stuck. It's no one's fault but hers but your reporters continue to say "who's responsible for not closing the gate?", who gives a damn? It's the drivers responsibility to maintain control of your vehicle at all times, the DRIVERS responsibility…
    I won't even go into the recent "blizzard warning" that you issued that got everybody scared…
    I doubt that you'll respond but I look forward to your comment.

Tommy said:
    January 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Get the story straight!!! I just talked to my mom and it wasn't a damn block away!!! It was next door in front of her house!!!

BPC said:
    January 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Hope they find out who is responsible. This world is sickening. I use to live next door to the daycare. My neighbor called and told me that they think the guy dropped off his kids. This is sad.

Dave said:
    January 11, 2013 at 10:12 AM

While we are in complaint mode, who's writing the headlines lately?? I.E. "Man cries while confessing to fatally stabbing 2-year-old son in court Thursday." Did he stab the baby in court?? Maybe a better way of saying it would be "Man cried in court Thursday, after confessing he had stabbed his baby."

Fox fan said:
      January 11, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Stop reading if you don't like how they write it! What a bunch of bitches.

Trish said:
    January 11, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Does anyone think there might be 2 daycares? 1 Where the body was found in front of and the cops didn't realize that it's a home daycare. And the 2nd Daycare the cops are aware of on the next block.

Just a thought, but then again getting info from differnent sources could cause confussiion.

MeatPlow said:
    January 11, 2013 at 4:51 PM

"it is too early in the investigation to determine how the man died." but the "Preliminary investigation revealed the man was shot."
    I just solved your case, thank me later.

Brian said:
    January 11, 2013 at 8:12 PM

who cares where it is, the good thing is that its another animal gangster off the streets

Dymun48 said:
      January 12, 2013 at 6:15 AM

who are you to stand in judgement of someone, how do you know he was a gangster~DID YOU DO IT???? FIND YOU SOMETHING TO DO

icemic said:
      January 13, 2013 at 8:33 AM

aint that it,

KRYSTAL said:
    January 11, 2013 at 8:17 PM

- R I P COUSINY OU WILL BE TRUELY MISSED .

Anonymous said:
      January 12, 2013 at 9:30 AM

It’s so sad that you people would make these heartless remarks this was a friend of mine no thug no gangsta but a working father. The family already is having a hard time with this heartless crime then to read the news and all u uneducated people making all these hurtful and ignorant assumptions. There may be a time when u or your family are on the news and you don’t want people laughing at your death or calling you something you weren’t!

KRYSTAL said:
        January 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM

right . . thetas why I can`t stand hey rude asses , that's why I never comment on shit cause they always rude , dumb asses . he in a better olace , he wasn't nothing but a working man he wasn't even from here .

jay said:
        January 12, 2013 at 5:15 PM

selling rock in the middle of the night is not working hard.

KRYSTAL said:
    January 12, 2013 at 10:17 AM

– spell check badly sorry

latasha stwart said:
    January 13, 2013 at 10:54 AM

People is so evil.how could u talk down on that men n u don’t no him.when ur turn come lord how mercey on u.god don’t like ugly..no matter that man do u have no right to judge him.now I no u raciest cause only a stupid honkey with say shit like that.n not all white people r honkeys only the raciest bitches

guest said:
    January 14, 2013 at 2:54 AM

people need to stop being so silly now days. like people r say n, who died it is a tragedy. it does n matter what type of guy u r, u r someones love one. I hope tht the violence in indy stops so that we can go back to live n the life that God wants us to live. peace and love is needed so bad. it is get sicken that u can not walk the streets without worrrying if u will be harmed in some type of way. Lord look over us all please.