DEKALB COUNTY – A flat tire led police to arrest a woman after they found her intoxicated and in possession of meth.
According to state police, a state trooper was dispatched to I-69 northbound near mile marker 325 in DeKalb County after a woman’s car broke down. The driver, Rachael Reamer, 39, Angola, had a flat tire.
While the trooper talked with Reamer, he noticed the smell of an alcoholic beverage. Another trooper arrived to assist in the investigation, and a search of Reamer’s car produced several hypodermic needles and a liquid later identified as methamphetamine. Troopers also discovered an unidentified substance that they sent to a Fort Wayne lab for analysis.
Tests put Reamer’s breath alcohol at .12 percent. She was arrested and taken to the DeKalb County Jail on the following charges:
- Operating While Intoxicated Per Se, Class C Misdemeanor
- Operating While Intoxicated .08%-.14%, Class C Misdemeanor
- Possession of Paraphernalia, Class A Misdemeanor
- Maintaining a Common Nuisance, Class D Felony
- Possession of Methamphetamine, Class D Felony
- Possession of a Hypodermic Needle, Class D Felony