IMPD searching for missing girl, 10

INDIANAPOLIS – Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Missing Person detectives are looking for a 10-year-old girl who hasn’t been seen for several hours.

Tatyana Staten was last seen Friday around 1:45 p.m. in the 4300 block of Elizabeth Street on the near northeast side. She’s described as 4’5″ with brown braids and was last seen in a black jacket with pink lining and black shoes.

Police believe the girl ran away from home after being suspended from school. They received a 911 call from her mother, who said she could not find her daughter. Police are concerned about the girl’s welfare given the cold weather outside.

Saturday evening, police decided to expand the search to Gardner Park on East 46th Street.

Anyone who sees her should call 911.

29 Comments to “IMPD searching for missing girl, 10”

smile said:
    February 1, 2013 at 4:59 PM

I hope she is found soon.

MeatPlow said:
    February 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Find her please.

Penny said:
    February 1, 2013 at 9:16 PM

That poor child. May she be found safe and sound.

Lynne said:
    February 1, 2013 at 9:27 PM

There are many empty houses barns and storage buildings in the area where she is missing from I live a block from there and know this area . Please search these and find this child

julie said:
    February 1, 2013 at 9:51 PM

i pray she will be found safe!!!

Billie said:
    February 1, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I hope she is found safe as well.

C.C. said:
    February 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Dear Lord please protect this child. Amen!!!

becky said:
    February 2, 2013 at 2:40 AM

please keep this precious baby girl safe from harm Lord, bring her back safe and unharmed Amen

Sheila said:
    February 2, 2013 at 8:02 AM

How is this not an amber alert? Why is this not getting more coverage by the media? Channel 8 is not covering it at all on their site. It's cold and she's only 19

Sheila said:
    February 2, 2013 at 8:02 AM

10 I meant

rtayo said:
    February 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM

why is the news blowing her off if she was white they would go non stop to find her,dirty world i hope she is safe no thanks to the news

IndyDirtDuver said:
      February 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM

That was a dumb statement.

RedStateVet said:
      February 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM

You win Stupid Racist comment of the day. Congratulations!

Chris said:
        March 19, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Rtayo you're absolutely right!!!!!!!!

Charles said:
    February 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Why does the race card always gotta be played? May this little girl be found safe an returned to her mother!

MeMyself&I said:
      February 2, 2013 at 7:30 PM

its not about the race card always. ITS A FACT that stuff like that happens.
      I hope she is found safe!!!

patti said:
      February 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I too am so sick of the race card being an issue in anything like this, why are people so ignorant???? It doesn't matter what color her skin is nor her nationality! A CHILD IS A CHILD! AND FOR THAT MATTER ANY HUMAN BEING! WE ALL BLEED THE SAME DAMN COLOR PEOPLE. GET IT TOGETHER. No wonder there is still racism in this country!!!

guest said:
    February 2, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Hope this Little girl is found safe!! Why is it when some thing like this happens there is always some person that makes a racist comment! My mom has always taught me if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all!! And maybe you should have your racists mouth out there helping look for her instead of on here posting your comments!!!

Theresa Lueder said:
    February 2, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I pray Tatyana is found. Please clarify if this is truly an Amber Alert. There is nothing announced on IN.gov Ambert Alert section. I have not seen anything on the radio or TV regarding an Amber Alert. Many prayers to the family and those searching for her. Please post if a search will be conducted I would like to help.

Sarah said:
      February 2, 2013 at 6:47 PM

It isn't an Amber Alert. Media keeps stating she ran away after getting in trouble for being suspended from school. I hope she is just cooling her temper at a friend's house, even though the parent should contact her mother if that is the case.

Theresa Lueder said:
    February 2, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Please let’s set race aside here and focus on Tatyana’s safety and that she be quickly found…that’s what matters most.

cjmo said:
    February 2, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I'm surprised that there isn't an Amber Alert also. Even though she's a runaway rather than a kidnapping victim, she's still in extreme danger with the cold weather. I hope she is found safe.

Linda said:
    February 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Dear Father in Heaven,
    Please bring this little girl safely home to her family, and give peace and comfort to those who love her and are waiting for her safe return. In Jesus' amazing name. Amen! Praying!

unowutopinionsrlike said:
    February 2, 2013 at 8:28 PM

There is more to this story and I am afraid of what it's going to be. There is a reason it is not an amber alert. Usually it's because they already have an idea what's up. I hope she's ok. :(

dizz1992 said:
    February 2, 2013 at 10:21 PM

i hope she is found safe this is a sick society we live in there are so many pedophiles on the east side especially in the kings inn at 21st & shadeland

patti said:
      February 3, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Exactly, that's where our county system puts all the released sex offenders to live! I live at 21st and arlington and that place disgusts me and scares me ! I have 5 grandbabies, let me catch one of those sickos around here! It would make headlines!!!

patti said:
    February 3, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Glad she was found safe!

Angela Smith said:
    February 20, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I couldn't imagine my self placed in this type of situation if my daughter was missing and I can't do nothing about it. I might just blew off in fear and cry every night. We should always be careful. Always be alert to keep ourselves and our kids safe and protected. I'm glad I have this app and it fits my qualification in protecting my self and family. This app consist of a precise private location where in they know where ever we re and at the same time when ever we are in trouble we can ask help easily from their 24/7 call center agents and they can directly sent help by 911 escalation knowing our face and exact location. They can also notify us in terms of danger zones and give us some safety tips. Now a days it's hard to trust anybody, life is precious that's why we should prioritize our safety.