Crimetracker

Convicted child molester beaten to death at correctional facility

A convicted child molester is believed to have been beaten to death at the New Castle Correctional Facility.

Jeremiah Taylor was found at the bottom of a stairwell inside the prison Thursday. He was taken to an area hospital and then flown to Methodist Hospital, where he later succumbed to his injuries.

Taylor had been incarcerated at New Castle since July of 2012, and was serving eight years for a conviction on a Child Molest charge out of Noble County.

An investigation into his death is underway.

180 Comments to “Convicted child molester beaten to death at correctional facility”

Luke Foster said:
    February 16, 2013 at 8:05 PM

This kid kills a pedophile and pulls his heart out of his chest: http://youtu.be/iT-QHOLAsSc

Kimber said:
    February 16, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Fuck that Nasty Ass MothaFucka & his family. Shit he got what HE DESERVED & I believe now the family of the child he molested is finally at PEACE so am I…1 less pervert in the world

Commenter said:
      February 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Gee, hopefully no one in your family ever gets accussed of anything like this.

cjmo2662 said:
    February 17, 2013 at 3:13 AM

Inmates should dispense this type of justice more often! The best part of all this is, he will never get the chance to victimize any more helpless children! Woo-hoo!

guest said:
    February 17, 2013 at 5:35 AM

hhahahahahaha good thts what chomos get in prisn he shoulda seen it coming hey prob warned im in county now excuse while i have a toast tothis

Paul Christian said:
    February 17, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Justice has indeed been served and you can quote me on that…

ron said:
    February 17, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Judge not and you'll not be judged

gammafirebug said:
    February 17, 2013 at 1:36 PM

It always amazes me how people take the time and effort to type a stupid word like y'all in their comments.

Daniel Leas said:
    February 17, 2013 at 5:35 PM

LEAVE IT TO GOD AND JESUS TO PASS JUDGEMENT… I PRAY FOR ALL INVOLVED…

nicole said:
    February 18, 2013 at 9:31 AM

My fiance is in New Castle serving 6 years for having consentual sex with a girl that he really liked from the same church. She was 15 and he was 21. She did what she could to keep him out. Consequntely he is serving time and is classified as a sex offender. If i threw every man i had sex with before i was 18 in jail, there would be 2 men sitting in there. One would be the father of my 10 year old daughter, who is a great guy. My fiance is a great guy as well. He has a good heart, would never harm a child or person, and would give the shirt off his back for a stranger. Knowing that he is in the same facility and it could have been him in the headlines makes me sick to my stomach. I do believe people should pay for their actions, but it does upset me that it hits so close to home. My prayers go out to this mans family and to his victims as well.

nccf said:
      March 24, 2013 at 9:07 AM

AMEN! THANK YOU!!!!!!

John Browning said:
    February 18, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I thought I was going to see a different name in this story. The scumbag I know in the clink for child molesting loves to pick fights in prison. I saw this headline and would have bet money he had picked a fight he couldn't finish.

corrine said:
    February 18, 2013 at 1:29 PM

im glad my brother got moved from that crooked place…

Ohio Parent said:
    February 18, 2013 at 2:59 PM

To all of you protesting so loudly against the SO..pray you are never in the situation with a family member. For those of you on the SO's side, thank you for your open mindedness. Our children are educated at an early age about "touching". Parents beware…if you upset your child or they become rebellious, you could end up in the same situation. I believe that SOs are this decade's Salem Witches. Just remember folks that all of us that got to first, second, third and even home base when dating and under the age of legal consent could be in jail as SOs. Read the law regarding SO, especially Gross Sexual Imposition. .. Dad, if you wrestle with your child and touch a "zone" and some one sees and reports you…you have a good chance of being labeled and on a registry for life. It's time to realize that not everyone wearing this label is a monster. Like Chuck N said, many take a plea because it's the lesser of two evils; how do you fight against a sweet, little child??? There is a PUBLIC registry for sex crimes but none for arsonists, murderers, or any other crime. I don't know about you but I'd like to know if someone near me may kill me or burn my home down if they get upset with me or just upset period. For me the bottom line is…if we as PARENTS would WATCH/SUPERVISE our children SOs wouldn't be a threat because the children would not be UNATTENDED!!!!

rwsmom said:
      February 18, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I couldn't have said it any more clearer! Well said!

All humans rights. said:
    February 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Not all sex offenders are what people think. At least read the info. on the link provided.

nccf said:
    March 24, 2013 at 8:44 AM

you people are all sicker than ALL the inmates!!!!!!!! God help you.