Organizers have revealed who will take the stage at this year’s Indiana State Fair.
The eclectic list includes pop/rock band Styx, country duo Montgomery Gentry and actor Kevin Costner, who will perform with his country-rock group Modern West.
Styx, whose hits include “Lady,” “Come Sail Away,” “Fooling Yourself” and Renegade, will take the stage on Aug. 12. In its fifth decade of performing, the group includes longtime members James “J.Y.” Young and Tommy Shaw.
Marsh Free Stage performers include acts like pop duo KARMIN, Blind Melon, Vertical Horizon, Matt Nathanson, Theory of a Deadman, Christopher Cross, Orleans, Firefall and Blood, Sweat & Tears. The “Happy Together Tour” on Aug. 6 will offer several classic acts, including the Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie, Chuck Negron formerly of Three Dog Night, Gray Puckett, Mark Lindsay of Paul Revere & the Raiders and Gary Lewis & the Playboys.
The shows are free with paid admission to the fair.
Here’s the complete lineup:
• Aug. 2: KARMIN (7:30 p.m.)
• Aug. 3: Matt Nathanson (7:30 p.m.)
• Aug. 4: Hispanic Music Day (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
• Aug. 5: Vertical Horizon followed by Blind Melon (7:30 p.m.)
• Aug. 6: “Happy Together Tour” with The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie, Chuck Negron formerly of Three Dog Night, Gary Puckett, Mark Lindsay of Paul Revere & The Raiders and Gary Lewis & The Playboys (7 p.m.)
• Aug. 8: Kevin Costner and Modern West (7:30 p.m.)
• Aug. 9: Theory of a Deadman (7:30 p.m.)
• Aug. 11: Contemporary Christian Music Day featuring Matthew West, For King and Country, Jason Castro, Love and the Outcome, Carmen D’Arcy (2 to 9 p.m.)
• Aug. 12: Styx (7:30 p.m.)
• Aug. 14: “Sailing Rock Tour” featuring Christopher Cross, Orleans, Firefall, John Ford Coley, Robbie Dupree and Player (7 p.m.)
• Aug. 15: Montgomery Gentry (7:30 p.m.)
• Aug. 17: Blood, Sweat & Tears (7 p.m.)
• Aug. 18: Pepsi Gospel Music Day (4 to 9 p.m.)
The fair, which runs from Aug. 2 through Aug. 18, is celebrating the “Year of Popcorn Theme” for 2013. For more information, visit the Indiana State Fair website.