Hoosier soldier killed in Afghanistan

The Department of Defense announced Sunday, the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Sgt. Tristan M. Wade, 23, of Indianapolis, died in Qarah Bagh District, Ghazni Province, Afghanistan, when enemy forces attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device.

He was assigned to the 573rd Clearance Company, 2nd Engineer Battalion, White Sands Missile Range, N.M.

44 Comments to “Hoosier soldier killed in Afghanistan”

michael marine said:
    March 24, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Another person

Angie said:
    March 24, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Rest in peace soldier.

Terry said:
    March 24, 2013 at 6:58 PM

RIP….we salute you..!!!!

shell said:
    March 24, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Rip…praying for your family & friends

Melissa Gholston said:
    March 24, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Prayers for his family. Thank you for your sacrifice

Wesley Jeffers said:
    March 24, 2013 at 7:07 PM

God bless him and his family

alex said:
    March 24, 2013 at 7:08 PM

gone but never forgotten! i love and miss you man!!

Michelle said:
    March 24, 2013 at 7:15 PM

In our thoughts and prayers. My god be with your family.

Kelly said:
    March 24, 2013 at 7:20 PM

all I can say is my deepest condolences, on a life taken way too soon

J-Rod said:
    March 24, 2013 at 7:22 PM

He was a Sgt. at age 23. People that alone shows the caliber of person he was. That is a fast promotion rate.

Paul said:
    March 24, 2013 at 7:31 PM

RIP Sgt . Wade you are one of Gods Warriors now , you will always be in our prayers , you and your family God Bless you all !

danyell said:
    March 24, 2013 at 7:42 PM

we will miss yiu very much bub! you were my all time favorite person in class and will be missed soo very much. skylynn is soo lucky to have had a daddy like yu, yu are all of our heros. especially ours out Southport High School,

The Hill Family said:
    March 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM

May God comfort your family and your little girl. I know Ryan, Kate Eli & Marley are very proud of you.

Letaia said:
    March 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Thank you for all your thoughts & prayers. My nephew was a great man, he leaves behind a beautiful little girl. He will be greatly missed!!

Bailey said:
    March 24, 2013 at 8:04 PM

We miss you Tristan. Thank you for being an amazing cousin and for defending our country </3

Luann Cox said:
    March 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM

freedom is not free this young man that went to school with my twin boys life was taken way to soon my deepest condolences to his family who has suffered a great loss I pray for the hole in their hearts and the great loss they must feel LORD please look down upon this family and be by their sides during their time of need RIP THANK YOU FOR YOUR SACRIFACE

IndyArmyVet said:
    March 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Tristan was also known at Souhport as Tristan Crow, #9 for the Southport Cardinals Conference Champion football team in 2008, playing with Nick Turner and Joe Gilliam under Coach Peebles.

Rest in Peace young man, this country owes a debt of gratitude and his 4 year old baby girl should know her daddy died to one of the most dangerous jobs in the military so that others could travel safely.

danyell said:
      March 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM

im still sin shock that this of al things happened to him.. he was a great football palyer, friend, and father. we are all blessed to have gotten to know hiim. i just hope shane is handling this well too:/

Tim said:
    March 24, 2013 at 9:23 PM

RIP! Prayers to your family!

anon said:
    March 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Rest in Peace, Tristan! God bless you for your service to our country. My condolences to your family, especially your daughter; may she always know how much you loved her & feel your spirit watching over her!

March 24, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Thank you so much for your service to our country young Tristan! My heart goes out to your little girl , your wife , and the rest of your family. I pray God will be with them all in this sad time. I don't know you or your family, but I love you all.May God rest your soul young one.

Anonymous said:
    March 24, 2013 at 10:23 PM

R.I.P. you are gone but never forgotten. Prayers go out to family and friends. God Bless you all!

March 25, 2013 at 2:32 AM

I didn't know Tristan well in school, we were friends with a lot of the same people. It is a very sad thing to see such a young, brave, good hearted person lose their life. May God watch over your friends and family. They are in my prayers. R.I.P. Tristan.

triple2s said:
    March 25, 2013 at 7:29 AM

RIP Soldier. I do not know Tristan personally but feel like I do. His unit is attached to the unit my nephew is in in Ghazni. "You have fought the good fight, you have kept the faith". Prayers for his family and friends. Godspeed

Robin said:
    March 25, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Danny so sorry to hear about your son thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Leah said:
    March 25, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I have been frighting over the words to say as the devistation I feel for his family continues. Tristan was my brother's best friend in high shcool and quickly worked his way to family. He was like a brother not only to me but to many others. He always knew how to make everyone in the room laugh. I will never forget seeing him and my brother dress in cheerleading outfits for the powder puff games! He left behind a beautiful little girl Skylynn that will know as she grows that her Dad was a hero.
    If I could say one thing to you Tristan it would be thank you. Thank you for not only serving our country but for being such a great friend to my brother. Good friends are hard to come by. You were an amazing person that will be missed by everyone who knew you. Rest In Peace Tristan Wade. I love you bud.

joehale92 said:
      March 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM

if you find out when they are having the funeral i would like to know so i can take leave and drive to indiana please. if you can email it to my work email. Joseph.d.hale1@navy.mil. i would greatly appriciate it.

joehale92 said:
      March 25, 2013 at 11:09 AM

and my personal please. electriciansmate321@gmail.com

Leah said:
        March 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Joe, I can do that for you.

joehale92 said:
        March 26, 2013 at 4:44 AM

Thank you very much. You have no idea what that means to me.

Krystle said:
    March 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM

RIH…Thank You for your service.

joehale92 said:
    March 25, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I met Tristen when i was a freshman at Southport High School. i looked up to him like he was an older brother. R.I.P. Tristen im going to miss you…

Donny said:
    March 25, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Rest in peace sir, I send prayers to this mans family and hope you find a way to be strong and live happy through this mans sacrifice.

Lu Plonski said:
    March 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Love and prayers to his family.

Scott said:
    March 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Thank You and Rest in Peace, Hero!!

Paratrooper said:
    March 25, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Doin what Soldiers do HOOAH! I am an infantryman with the 82nd ABN DIV we just got back from Ghazni and our Bravo company was at COP QarahBagh does anyone know if this happened on route Ohio?

Lizbeth Jacobo said:
    March 25, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Tristan Wade was my friend. He listened to me and I did the same whenever we had problems we talked. He was a wonderful father and a brave soldier. We always joked around in class. English was the best times with him if not then it was on his Football games when we all cheered for him. Southport High School graduation of 2009. We will miss him dearly but never forgotten. A brave soldier who fought for our country. We thank you. <3

Delghetta said:
    March 26, 2013 at 9:40 AM

A SOLDIERS PRAYER

Brave warriors,
    should fate find us in battle,
    May our cause be just.
    May our leaders have clear vision.
    May our courage not falter.
    May we be triumphant an earn victory
    as we show mercy to our enemies.
    May our efforts bring lasting peace.
    May our sacrifice be always
    appreciated by those we serve.
    May we return to our loved ones unharmed.
    Should we be harmed, may our wounds heal.
    Should we perish in the struggle,
    may God embrace us and find for us
    a place in His Kingdom.

Rest in peace brother

Heart broken said:
    March 26, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Tristan, you will forever hold a special place in my heart. You are/were the best cousin anyone could ever ask for. You had a heart of gold. I as well as many others miss you dearly. A day will not go by that I wont think about you and the sacrifices you made not only for our country but for our family, your friends. You risked your life for everyone. I have the upmost respect for you. I will never say goodbye to you. I will say i will see you later. Because we will catch up on the otherside! I love you Tristan. My cousin my hero!

CaliCarol66 said:
    March 28, 2013 at 3:00 AM

RIP Tristan. You and your family are in my prayers.

anon said:
    March 29, 2013 at 7:32 PM

God bless & protect our troops who are still fighting and serving our country! You are all heroes, & your sacrifice is appreciated! Please be careful & come home safely! It's heartbreaking for your family & friends to think of a world without you in it!