Areal Flood Warning for Hamilton, Hendricks and Marion counties until midnight
Update on Service Interruption for Dish Subscribers — Click here

Coroner: IU student found unresponsive died from ‘accidental overdose’

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BLOOMINGTON, Ind.—An Indiana University freshman who was found unresponsive in her dorm room in early October died as a result of an “accidental overdose that is not alcohol related,” said officials with the Monroe County Coroner’s Office.

Abigail Bott, 18, of Clarendon Hill, Ill. was discovered by a friend and staff of the McNutt Residence Center.

The coroner said no foul play is suspected in Bott’s death and no additional information is expected to be released on the case.

Bott’s death is the second since the school year started. Rachael Fiege, 19, died after she fell down the stairs at a house party near campus.

Related Stories:

 

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,867 other followers