KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (Nov. 20, 2013)– Officers arrest two men on drug charges after a traffic stop near State Road 441.
During a traffic stop on Tuesday night, officers found an impaired Vincennes man in a vehicle and arrested him. A search of his vehicle revealed drug paraphernalia and small amounts of suspected meth and marijuana. Lee, Haislip, 48, was arrested on the following charges:
- Driving while intoxicated (marijuana and meth), Class “C” misdemeanor
- Possession of meth, Class “D” felony
- Possession of marijuana, Class “A” misdemeanor
- Possession of Paraphernalia, Class “A” misdemeanor
- Outstanding warrant-possession of meth, Class “D” felony (Knox County)
Haislip’s friend, Kenneth Sheren, 31, of Vincennes, was contacted and asked if he could come to the scene to pick up Haislip’s vehicle. Several minutes later Sheren drove to the scene to pick up the vehicle, but he was also under the influence of meth and marijuana. Sheren was also arrested and both men were taken to the Knox County Jail where they are currently being held on bond. Sheren has been charged with driving while intoxicated (marijuana and meth), Class “C” misdemeanor.