Moroccan Beef and Sweet Potato Stew
Makes about 6 servings.
- 2 ½ pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 to 1 ½ inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground red cayenne pepper
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled, cut in to 1-inch pieces (at least 3 cups)*
- ½ cup regular or golden raisins
- 1 can (14 ½ ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- Hot cooked whole wheat couscous
- Chopped toasted almonds (optional)
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Combine flour, cumin, cinnamon, salt and red pepper 3-1/2 to 5-1/2 quart slower cooker (or in separate bowl first before adding to slow cooker).
- Add beef, sweet potatoes and raisins; toss to coat evenly.
- Pour tomatoes on top. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours or on HIGH 4 to 6 hours or until beef and potatoes are fork-tender. (No stirring necessary during cooking.)
- Season with salt if desired.
- Serve over couscous and garnish with almonds and parsley if desired.
Recipe from www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com