30 people evacuated from Plainfield warehouse after carbon monoxide scare

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

PLAINFIELD (Feb. 7, 2014) – About 30 people were evacuated from a Plainfield warehouse Friday morning because of carbon monoxide.

According to fire officials, about 30 people at a business located at 2675 Reeves Rd. complained about an odor in the building. That odor turned out to be carbon monoxide–and medical crews were called to assess people on the scene. According to the Plainfield Fire Department, four people were taken to an area hospital for evaluation. They suffered from headaches and had trouble breathing.

Four people were taken to the hospital, and later treated and released.

Micro Mobility is doing an investigation on where the smell was coming from and trying to take preventative measures to make sure this does not happen in the future.

They do not know at this time where the smell was coming from or what caused it.

It appeared the problem was a ventilation issue, the fire department said.