Homemade Cinnamon Vanilla Granola
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans, sliced almond, sunflower seeds or any other favorite nuts/seeds
- ½ cup toasted wheat germ
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 tablespoons Spice Islands Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 teaspoons Spice Islands Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Spice Islands Ground Nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries, raisins or any other favorite dried fruit
Combine oats, nuts and wheat germ in a large bowl. Combine maple syrup, corn oil, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl. Pour over oat mixture, stirring to coat. Spread mixture evenly on greased rimmed baking pan/sheet. Bake at 300°F for 50 to 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until oats are toasted. Remove from oven and stir in dried fruit. Cool in pan on wire rack. Store in airtight container.
Makes about 2 quarts (8 cups) or 16 servings of ½-cup each.
Recipe by www.Mazola.com