SPEEDWAY, Ind. (May 7, 2014)—IndyCar fans, get ready! The gates to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway officially opened Thursday, ahead of Friday’s Grand Prix race.
Ahead of Saturday’s Grand Prix, fans can enjoy the second annual Indy Family Foundation “Festival on Main” Friday. The family-friendly outing offers a variety of events, including the celebrity dunk tank, which will feature FOX59’s sports director Chris Hagan and meteorologist Jennifer Ketchmark.
Several IndyCar drivers will be in attendance, as well as country singer Carrie Lee.
The festival is free to the public. All proceeds from the event will go to the Indy Family Foundation, a charity that aids those in the motor sports community. You can pre-register for the event, here.
The Grand Prix will officially kick off the racing season on May 8-10.
Friday, May 9 [Qualifications]
- 9 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Gates Open, IMS Midway Open (No Kid Zone)
- 10 a.m. – Verizon IndyCar Series Practice
- 11 a.m. – USF2000 Qualifying
- 12 p.m. – Pro Mazda Qualifying
- 1 p.m. – Indy Lights Qualifying
- 2 p.m. – Verizon IndyCar Series Qualifying
- 3:30 p.m. – USF2000 Race 1
- 4:30 p.m. – Pro Mazda Race 1
- 5:30 p.m. – Indy Lights Race 1
- 7 p.m. Rev – A Methodist Health Foundation Fundraiser
Saturday, May 10 [Race Day]
- 7 a.m.-6 p.m. – Gates Open, IMS Midway Open, Celebration of Automobiles
- 9 a.m. – Celebration of Automobiles Judging
- 10 a.m. Indy Lights Warm-Up
- 10 a.m. – Firestone “Race Car” Pin Distribution (Plaza)
- 11 a.m. – USF2000 Race 2
- 12:10 p.m. – Pro Mazda Race 2
- 1:30 p.m. – Indy Lights Race 2
- 3 p.m. – Bronze Badge Grid Walk
- 3:30 p.m. – Pre-Race Ceremonies
- 3:50 p.m. – Verizon IndyCar Series Inaugural Grand Prix of Indianapolis (82 Laps)
Ticket information here. http://secure.brickyard.com/Tickets/GrandPrixofIndianapolis.aspx