INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (May 23, 2014) – IndyGo services will be affected by Indianapolis 500 events and Memorial Day this weekend.
Street closures will also impact on-time performance for scheduled bus service, so IndyGo reminds passengers to allow extra time for travel.
IPL 500 Festival Parade – Saturday, May 24
The IPL 500 Festival Parade on Saturday, May 24 will close several streets in the downtown area from 4 a.m. to 2 p.m. resulting in bus stop closures on:
- Ohio St. from Delaware St. to Illinois.All routes will continue to serve Capitol Ave. at Market St. Riders using Routes 3, 5, 8 and 10 can use Ohio St. at Capitol Ave. for service in both directions.
- Meridian St. from 30th St. to Ohio St. Routes 18, 38 and 39 will use Capitol Ave. for inbound service south of 30th and Illinois St. for outbound service south of 21st St.
- Pennsylvania St. from 16th St. to Ohio St. Route 19 will use Alabama St. at 16th St. for inbound service and outbound routing will not be impacted.
Indianapolis 500 – Sunday, May 25
IndyGo does not offer service to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on race day. Additionally, IndyGo Routes 3, 5, 10, 15 and 37 will experience service interruptions due to street closures. Passengers should prepare for the following bus stops to be closed on Race Day:
- Route 3: All stops on Michigan Street, west of Michigan Plaza.
- Route 5: All stops on Clifton , west of 30th.
- Route 10: All stops on 10th Street, west of Eskenazi .
- Route 15: All stops on 30th Street, west of Riverside Park.
- Route 37: All stops on Michigan Street, New York Street, White River Parkway and Lafayette Road to 38th Street.
- Route 38: All stops on 38th Street, west of Georgetown Road.
Memorial Day – Monday, May 26
In observance of Memorial Day, IndyGo operations will use a modified schedule:
- Local Fixed Route Service: Operating on a Sunday schedule
- Open Door Paratransit Service: Operating on a Sunday schedule
- Customer Service Call Center: Closed
- Customer Service Retail Center: Closed
- Administrative Office: Closed
If a route does not offer Sunday service, then no service will be available on Memorial Day.
In addition to impacts to the fixed route bus network, IndyGo’s Open Door passengers may encounter street closures and could also see delays and longer travel times. Passengers who are qualified to use the Open Door service and are wishing to book a paratransit trip to or from an area affected by street closures may speak with a reservationist to determine if the origin or destination address is accessible to IndyGo vehicles.
IndyGo Customer Service is available by phone at 317.635.3344 Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.. Trip planning tools and service updates available online at IndyGo.net.