Corn Bacon Maple Relish
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen and thawed*
- 4 tablespoons 100% maple syrup
- 3-4 slices thick-cut bacon, diced very small
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped very small
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram or oregano, chopped
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté corn with maple syrup until golden brown and caramelized. (Count on at least 15 minutes). Remove corn from pan; set aside covered. Add bacon and cook over medium heat until the bacon is crisp (or desired doneness.) Add onion and cook until the onion is clear. Add corn back to skillet and cook 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in fresh herbs. Serve at room temp or chilled with American Pride Rubbed Pork Tenderloin. (Or serve with ANY grilled or cooked pork, from pork chops to ribs. Even ham.) Makes about 2 cups.
**Kim makes double batch of this relish to serve with 2 pork tenderloins.
Recipe courtesy of porkbeinspired.com and adapted by culinary dietitian Kim Galeaz, RDN CD