1.5 pounds flat iron steak*
4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
1 head Bibb lettuce (wash, dry, chop)
1 medium red bell pepper
4 oz. Brussels sprouts leaves
2 ½ pounds plum tomatoes
½ pound cubed, peeled butternut squash
Spritz of extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 cloves minced garlic
1 ½ oz. Horseradish Vinaigrette (recipe below)
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Pre-heat grill to medium. Rub beef with Worcestershire sauce, mustard and salt and pepper.
- Red Peppers: Prepare red peppers for grilling by cutting in wide strips. Place peppers in a bowl and season with a spritz of EVOO, salt and pepper.
- Brussels Sprouts: Trim leaves from sprouts. Blanch in salted boiling water for 1 minute. Remove and place in ice water bath for 1 minute. Remove and pat dry.
- Butternut Squash: Peel squash and scoop out the seeds, cut into ½” cubes. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté in extra virgin olive oil on medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring about every 2 minutes. Butternut squash should be tender with light crunch.
- Plum Tomatoes: Cut plum tomatoes in half, season with salt, pepper, minced garlic, balsamic vinegar and spritz extra virgin olive oil.
- Grill steaks over a hot fire, roast peppers, and grill tomatoes. Remove meat from grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Cut the steaks into 1/4” thick slices on the bias.
- Place lettuce in a bowl. Add the steak pieces to the salad. Toss greens, butternut squash, brussels sprout leaves, peppers and Horseradish vinaigrette dressing. Coat all ingredients evenly.
- Portion into large dinner bowls. Garnish with tomatoes, shredded Parmesan cheese and fresh ground black pepper.
*You may also use NY strip steak or filet sliced thin.
Recipe from Seasons 52