Mother of Hoosier ISIS captive sends another appeal on Twitter
INDIANAPOLIS (Oct. 14, 2014) – The mother of an Indianapolis man held captive by ISIS has reached out on Twitter again in an effort to save her son’s life.
Paula Kassig tweeted the following message:
Message to the men of the Islamic State in contact with my only son Abdul Rahman Kassig.
Abdul Rahman’s father and I have done all that you have asked to the greatest extent of our ability. We are humble people committed to serving others. I implore you in the name of the almighty God to communicate with us to discuss our son’s fate as he only seeks to serve God and the teachings of Islam.
Monday, Paula and Ed Kassig revealed that they’d received an audio recording from their son two weeks ago. He’s been held by ISIS for more than a year.
Their son, Abdul-Rahman Kassig, 26, was providing aid in Syria when he was captured. ISIS identified Kassig, formerly known as Peter, as its next target for execution.
- ISIS targets Hoosier native as next target for execution
- Parents of ISIS captive and Indiana native release video on YouTube
- Crowd packs room to learn about ISIS, respond to threat to Hoosier
- Mother of American hostage reaches out to ISIS on Twitter
- Mother of Hoosier ISIS captive: ‘I need to know that I’ve done everything that I can do’
- More released from Hoosier ISIS captive’s letter: ‘It is still really hard to believe all of this is happening’