STAFFORD TOWNSHIP, N.J. (Feb. 25, 2015) – Fifteen people were hurt after a dramatic natural gas explosion was caught on camera Tuesday morning in a New Jersey neighborhood.
Utility crews were called to the home because of a gas leak, reports WPIX. A police dash camera recorded the resulting explosion.
Police evacuated dozens of homes as a precaution. The explosion leveled one home and damaged several others.
“It was like a bomb,” Carlos Ricardo, who lives about a block away from the home, told the TV station. “The whole house shook. It threw me out of my chair. I never experienced anything like this in my life.”
The blast injured seven utility workers, including two who were in critical condition. Six firefighters and two EMTs were also hurt.