Five Ball State students hospitalized for drug overdose

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MUNCIE, Ind. (March 20, 2015) – Five Ball State students were hospitalized Friday afternoon after overdosing on cocaine while watching the NCAA tournament.

Emergency vehicles were called to the Village Promenade apartment complex around 2:45 p.m., and all five students were taken to Ball Memorial Hospital.

Three of the students have been released from the hospital, but two of the students are still unconscious in the intensive care unit.

All five students are males.