Man possibly connected with the shooting of 3 children and 2 women being questioned

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

UPDATE: Domonique Stone pleaded guilty to robbery resulting in serious bodily injury on Jan. 1, 2017. His other charges were dismissed. He was sentenced to 15 years in DOC followed by 5 years Community Corrections. 

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (April 12, 2015) — A man suspected in an incident that left five people, two women and three children, wounded in a northwest side apartment is under arrest.

Domonique Stone was taken into custody late Sunday afternoon as Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department detectives, along with a top ranking deputy from the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, negotiated with Stone’s family and associates to conclude the manhunt peacefully.

Stone, 24, will face four preliminary charges including two counts of robbery, one count of burglary and one count of carrying a handgun without a license for his role the shooting at the Woods of Eagle Creek Apartments last Sunday.

He’s being held on $150,000 bond pending his initial court appearance.

Witnesses told FOX59 News that on the day of the shooting, they spotted several young men on the sidewalk in a discussion earlier in the day and later three men, dressed in black entered the apartment and began shooting, before speeding away in a stolen car.

Investigators said the shooting and burglary may have been drug related.

Within 24 hours detectives began the search for Stone, whose family is widely known in the 3600 block of North Harding Street, not far from the site of a quadruple homicide last month.

Negotiations between IMPD, MCSD Reserve Captain Bill Benjamin, the Stone family and associates and advisers failed to deliver the wanted man into custody.

Saturday IMPD issued a release, cautioning the public that Stone was armed and dangerous in an attempt to pressure the family to facilitate the surrender.

IMPD Chief Rick Hite told FOX59 News that it was unacceptable that Stone would determine the timing of his surrender in the wake of the Easter shooting which the chief said “crossed the line” of targeting women and children on a family holiday.

Detectives are attempting to link evidence of an AK47 semi-automatic rifle used in the apartment shooting with a weapon used in a quadruple homicide in the 3100 block of Harding Street last month as well as the recent wounding of an 8-year-old boy.

Investigators think the Harding Street murders may also have been drug related.

The site of the mass killing is in the heart of the Stone family community where Chief Hite said patrol units and detectives have cracked down on what he called the “brazen” criminal atmosphere of the area.

Hite cited a recent march against violence in the neighborhood as key to sending a message to the community that such intimidation would not be tolerated.