Man rescued from Colorado restaurant’s greasy air duct

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Photo credit: Jason Pohl, The Coloradoan

FORT COLLINS, Colo. (May 17, 2015) — A 22-year-old man was rescued Saturday after falling through the roof of a Colorado restaurant and becoming lodged in a greasy kitchen air duct.

Poudre Fire Authority officials say Andrew Neely fell through the roof and was trapped in the chimney at Pueblo Viejo when he called 911. Firefighters and Fort Collins police found the man and crews forced the restaurant door open. Firefighters say the man was stuck directly above the fryer.

Crews dismantled the exhaust vents and lowered him down.

The Fort Collins Coloradoan reports that Neely was not injured. He was cited for trespassing.