RECIPE: BBQ Brisket Cheddar Dip
Cheese for 1, Ingredients:
Beer Base 2 oz (vol)
Garlic, chopped ½ demi spoon
Mustard Powder 1 ½ shakes
Paprika 1 shake
Cheddar/Swiss Blend 2 ½ oz
Black Pepper, Freshly-ground 2 ½ turns
Worcestershire Sauce 2 shakes
KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce, Original ¾ oz (vol)
Shredded Beef, chopped 1 oz (w)
Tomatoes, diced 1 demi spoon
Scallions, chopped 1 demi spoon
1. Place shredded beef in a microwave save dish and microwave for 15 seconds.
1. Add the beer base to the liner, then place the fork inside the liner.
2. Add the chopped garlic using demi spoon then add mustard powder and paprika, then stir with fork to incorporate.
3. Add 1/3 of the cheese and mix thoroughly using the fork.
4. Add the next 1/3 of the cheese and mix thoroughly with using the fork.
5. Add the remaining 1/3 of cheese and mix thoroughly until all the cheese is melted and incorporated, using a whipping motion to fluff up the cheese.
6. Add black pepper and Worcestershire sauce and fold and stir with fork.
7. Add barbeque sauce and chopped beef and stir with fork to incorporate.
8. Remove the cheese from the liner, without scraping against the liner, and place fork in cheese bowl.
9. Using a demi spoon, garnish the center of the cheese with diced tomato and scallions; do not mix in.
Protein, Braised Beef, Ingredients:
Roast Beef 1 each
1. Thaw roast under refrigeration for 2 days.
2. Empty contents of bag in half pan with a false bottom and allow gravy to drain to the bottom.
3. Remove roast from pan and place onto cutting board. Discard gravy.
4. Cut roast into quarters.
5. With a gloved hand, pull and shred the beef apart. Pieces should be no longer than one inch and no wider than ½ inch thick.
6. Using a knife, roughly chop shredded beef into smaller pieces, approximately ¼” x ¼”
7. Portion 1 oz (w) (cheese for 1) into DayMark bags.
8. Roll the bag closed, pushing all air out. Place rolled bags into a food storage bag, seal, label, date and freeze.
9. Thaw under refrigeration for 1 day before using.