Subway releases statement following latest allegation that Jared Fogle paid for sex with 16-year-old girl

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MARION COUNTY, Ind. (July 31, 2015)-- Multiple sources tell FOX59 Jared Fogle is putting together a legal team as new allegations surface involving the suspend Subway spokesman. Those sources said Fogle has hired a high priced Chicago attorney. The attorney told FOX59's Liz Gelardi he does not talk to the media or release names of his clients.

The FBI has subpoenaed court documents which allegedly contain text messages between Fogle and a former Subway franchisee, Business Insider reports, citing the franchisee's attorney.

Business Insider reports in those texts, Fogle says he paid for sex with a 16-year-old girl.

The court documents date back to 2008, when the former franchisee was allegedly in a sexual relationship with Fogle. His Zionsville home was searched by the FBI in connection with a child pornography investigation nearly a month ago, but so far no charges have been filed. The investigation is ongoing.

A Subway brand spokesman released this statement following the latest allegations: "This allegation, if true, is appalling and is contrary to the values of our brand. As previously stated, we have suspended our relationship with Jared."

The FBI will not comment on the raid at Fogle's home and the U.S. Attorney's Office cannot confirm if there's an ongoing investigation.

Earlier this year, Russell Taylor, the former director of the Jared Foundation started by Fogle, was arrested in a child pornography case. He was accused of possessing and producing child pornography. Investigators said a search of Taylor’s home turned up more than 500 videos with images of child pornography. In May, Taylor unsuccessfully tried to kill himself while in jail.