SPEEDWAY, Ind. (August 7, 2015) -- There will be more racing at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway this weekend, but the drivers will run on two wheels instead of four.
The Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix is Sunday, August 9 at IMS.
This is the eight year some of the fastest motorcycle riders in the world will take to the track at the Speedway.
Fans can watch practice on Friday for $20.
The gates open Friday at 8 a.m. and the first practice session begins at 9 a.m. the next one is at 11 a.m. followed by others at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday the Moto Midway (located on the inside of turn 10 between 6th and 7th streets) will be open to fans.
The Moto Midway will host everything from concerts, to motorcycle riding lessons, and chances to meet some of the Red Bull athletes.
“One of the things that’s really neat about the Moto GP event here is that it really stretches beyond the borders of our racetrack and anytime you’re in Indianapolis this time of year, especially this weekend, there’s motorcycle’s everywhere ,” said Doug Boles, president of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
There will be lots of motorcycles on Meridian Street throughout the weekend.
The “Motorcycles on Meridian” event runs both Friday, August 7th from 7 p.m.-midnight and Saturday, August 8th from 4 p.m.-midnight on Meridian Street, just south of Monument Circle.
Tickets for the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix are still available, you can buy them online or at the IMS ticket office.
Complete Friday schedule:
- 9-9:40 a.m. - Moto3 Practice 1
- 9:55-10:40 a.m. - MotoGP Practice 1
- 10:55-11:40 a.m. - Moto2 Practice 1
- 11:55 a.m.-12:25 p.m. - MotoAmerica Superbike / Stock 1000 Qualifying
- 1:10-1:50 p.m. - Moto3 Practice 2
- 2:05-2:50 p.m. - MotoGP Practice 2
- 3:05-3:50 p.m. - Moto2 Practice 2
- 4:05-4:35 p.m. - MotoAmerica Supersport Qualifying
- 4:50-5:15 p.m. - MotoAmerica Superbike / Stock 1000 Qualifying Top 12 Shoot-Out
- 8 a.m.: Public gates open
- 10 a.m.-6 p.m.: Moto Midway, Kids Zone and Vendor Marketplace presented by Westfield Powersports open
- 10 a.m.-6 p.m.: Learn to Ride - Moto Midway
- 11:20-11:40 a.m.: Red Bull Street Freestyle Rider Aaron Colton Stunt Show - Moto Midway
- 11:40 a.m.-Noon: Red Bull Flatland BMX Rider Terry Adams Stunt Show - Moto Midway
- 12:20-12:40 p.m.: Red Bull Street Freestyle Rider Aaron Colton Stunt Show - Moto Midway
- 12:40-1 p.m.: Red Bull Flatland BMX Rider Terry Adams Stunt Show - Moto Midway
- 1:20-1:40 p.m.: Red Bull Street Freestyle Rider Aaron Colton Stunt Show - Moto Midway
- 1:40-2 p.m.: Red Bull Flatland BMX Rider Terry Adams Stunt Show - Moto Midway
- 6:30-7:30 p.m.: Motorcycle Track Laps - Gate 10 *must have a track lap voucher
- 6 p.m.: Public gates close
- 6 p.m.-Midnight: Motorcycles on Meridian: Motorcyclists will gather in downtown Indianapolis to celebrate the Red Bull Indianapolis GP. The event is for people with and without bikes. All are welcome to experience this free event and marvel at the impressive choppers and sport bikes.
TICKETS: $20. Three-day general admission: $75. Children 12 and under admitted free with adult general admission ticket-holder.
PUBLIC GATES OPEN: 8 a.m. (local time). Pedestrian gates open are Gates 1, 1B, 2, 4, 6, 7 Vehicle, 7 South Pedestrian, 10, 10A, 12.
STANDS OPEN: A Stand (as needed GA, Sec. 1-4), B Penthouse (as needed GA, Sec. 1-4), C Stand (as needed GA, Sec. 12-14), E Stand, E Penthouse, H Stand, J Stand (as needed GA, Sec. 1-4), Corner 9 Terrace (Reserved), North Vista Wheelchair (as needed GA, Sec. 21), Northwest Vista (as needed GA, Sec. 1-4), Northwest Vista Deck, Paddock (as needed GA, Sec. 9-18), Paddock Wheelchair, Paddock Penthouse (as needed GA, Sec. 12-24), South Terrace, South Vista (as needed GA, Sec. 1-5, 12-22), South Vista Deck, Southwest Vista (as needed GA, Sec. 19-20), Southwest Vista Deck, Tower Terrace (as needed GA, Sec. 37-40, 79), Tower Terrace Wheelchair (as needed GA, Sec. 37-40), Wheelchair Accessible (Inside), Backstretch Family Mounds, Turn 2 Mounds, Gasoline Alley Roof (Suite GA and Paddock only).
2015 Ticket Information: Fans can buy tickets for the 2015 Red Bull Indianapolis GP and apply for tickets to the 2016 Indianapolis 500, Angie's List Grand Prix of Indianapolis, Lilly Diabetes 250 and the Crown Royal Presents the "Your Hero's Name Here" 400 at the Brickyard.
Fans have three quick, convenient methods to buy tickets:
• Online: Visit www.ims.com/tickets. Tickets are available 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
• Phone: Call 800-822-INDY or 317-492-6700 between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
• In Person: Visit the IMS Ticket Office in the IMS Administration Building located at 4790 West 16th Street, Indianapolis, IN, which is just east of the roundabout at Crawfordsville Road and 16th Street, between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
Tickets for groups of 20 or more also are available. Contact the IMS Group Sales Department at 866-221-8775 for more information.
Information on parking and camping at IMS events is available at www.ims.com/tickets.