Jared Fogle to be sentenced on November 19 in child pornography case
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (Aug. 21, 2015) — Court records show that Jared Fogle will be sentenced on November 19 at 9 a.m. in Indianapolis for his alleged role in a child pornography case. At that time he is expected to plead guilty in the case, changing the not guilty plea entered by the court on his behalf.
The former Subway spokesman arrived in federal court in Indianapolis Wednesday morning to hear charges against him in connection with the case.
U.S. attorney Josh Minkler said Fogle faces a sentence between 5 and 12 years in prison. Minkler said the case was treated “exactly like any other child exploitation case.” He outlined an extensive amount of materials and electronic data authorities combed through during the course of the investigation. It included more than 159,000 text messages, more than 27,000 emails, more than 47,000 images and more than 3,300 videos.
Fogle is accused of distributing and receiving child pornography and conspiracy to distribute as well as engaging in illicit sexual conduct with minors, according to court documents.
Earlier this year, Russell Taylor, the former director of the Jared Foundation started by Fogle, was arrested in a child pornography case. He was accused of possessing and producing child pornography. Investigators said a search of Taylor’s home turned up more than 500 videos with images of child pornography. In May, Taylor unsuccessfully tried to kill himself while in jail.
Subway suspended its relationship with the spokesman shortly after the July raid on his home.