RECIPES: Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix, dry and unprepared
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl cream the butter, shortening and both sugars until light and fluffy (about 1 minute).
- Beat in the egg, vanilla and dry pudding mix.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, cream of tartar and baking soda
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat until just combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar & the cinnamon.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon-sized balls.
- Roll the balls into the cinnamon sugar mixture until well coated and then place the dough onto the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Recipe courtesy of Kylee’s Kitchen