‘Armed and dangerous’ Missouri man arrested in Columbus on sodomy, neglect charges
COLUMBUS, Ind. (Dec. 10, 2015) – A Missouri man working a construction job ended up in handcuffs after Columbus police served him with a warrant on 14 charges, including sodomy and child neglect.
According to the Columbus Police Department, authorities in Missouri considered Travis A. Kelly “armed and dangerous.” They’d received information that Kelly may be in the Columbus area, and officers found him doing construction work in the 900 block of West County Road 450 South.
He was taken into custody without incident.
Law enforcement officials said Kelly is accused of having inappropriate contact with someone under the age of 14. He’s currently being held without bond.
The warrant out of Missouri’s Adrain County listed the following charges:
- Sodomy or Attempted Sodomy (Dangerous Weapon Displayed)
- Armed Criminal Action
- Sodomy or Attempted Sodomy (1st Degree) – 2 counts
- Statutory Sodomy with Person Under 14 Years of Age (Dangerous Weapon Displayed) – 6 counts
- Abuse or Neglect of a Child Under 14 Years of Age – 2 counts
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child – 2 counts