FORT WAYNE, Ind. (Feb. 5, 2016) – Indiana State Excise Police raided a number of businesses in Fort Wayne Thursday, seizing thousands of counterfeit items.
Officers served search warrants starting at 11:30 a.m. at multiple locations; the operation continued until 7:30 p.m. Officers found purses, jackets, wallets, belts, hats, shirts and pants that claimed to be name brand but were counterfeit.
Some of the imitations boasted big-name brands like Nike/Air Jordan, Louis Vuitton, Michael Kors, Gucci, NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, North Face, Coach, Hello Kitty, Polo and Otterbox. In addition, officers seized 20,000 bootleg DVDs of movies and equipment used to make them. Some of the movies are still in theaters and have not been released on DVD.
Police arrested Maung Zwa, 39, Fort Wayne, after they said he became combative. He also had Oxycontin, police said, and was arrested on charges of possession of a controlled substance and resisting arrest.
No other arrests were made in the case Thursday, although police will forward their investigation to the Allen County Prosecutor’s Office when it’s finished.
Here are the 13 locations raided Thursday:
- Shell/Get 2 Go located at 4935 Bluffton Rd.
- BP Gas Station located at 1923 Broadway
- Shell Gas Station located at 437 W. Jefferson Blvd.
- Hair Plus located at 3822 Lafayette (Lafayette Plaza)
- King City Fashions located at 1108 E. Pontiac (Pontiac Mall)
- Marathon/Get 2 Go located at 3505 Wayne Trace
- Shell Station/Hessen Cassel Express located at 4181 Hessen Cassel Rd.
- Empire Clothing located at 4353 S. Anthony
- BP Gas Station located at 7418 S. Anthony
- AK Mobile located at 7508 S. Anthony
- Phort Knox Clothing located at 5023 Decatur Rd.
- Marathon Gas Station located at 1130 Goshen Rd.
- Marathon/Get 2 Go located at 422 Spring St.
Excise police said Advanced Investigative Services, Inc. assisted with the investigation.