BALTIMORE (March 16, 2016) — A woman who says she was hurt when her toilet exploded in 2014 is suing Baltimore officials and two city contractors.
In her lawsuit, Angela Wright says she was using her bathroom toilet when it backed up and blew her off the seat, covering her in feces and injuring her.
The lawsuit, filed last month in Baltimore City Circuit Court, names the city council, Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake and contractors Spiniello Companies Inc. and Heitkamp Inc. WBFF-TV in Baltimore reports the city had hired Spinello to use high-pressure hoses to clean out the sewer line in Wright’s neighborhood.
Wright’s attorney Louis Glick says they will seek about $225,000.
The contractors did not immediately respond to requests for comment from news agencies. The mayor’s spokesman, Howard Libit, didn’t comment, citing pending litigation.