Blown transformer starts house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (March 9, 2016) — A vacant house caught fire early Saturday morning on the near north side of Indianapolis.

The fire was in the 600 block of Congress Avenue. When crews arrived around 12:30 a.m. flames were visible. They quickly went to work putting them out.

Investigators determined the house was vacant. They said the fire started from a blown transformer on the back side of the house.

No injuries were reported.

The fire damage is estimated at $30,000.