INDIANAPOLIS – A deadly shooting on the east side Monday morning is the latest after a violent weekend around Indianapolis.
The shooting happened around 5 a.m. in the 3200 block of Campbell Avenue. A man was found shot in the driver's seat of a car. He was pronounced dead on the scene by medics.
The man was identified as Tommy Turintine, 34.
It’s the sixth fatal shooting around Indianapolis since Friday and the 11th overall.
Sunday night, an Indianapolis teen was shot and killed on East 30th Street. Police identified the victim in that shooting as 18-year-old Anthony Morris of Indianapolis. The shooting happened around 5:30 p.m. Sunday.
Early Sunday morning, two people were found dead inside an SUV by the corner of 25th and Shriver. Both victims had been shot; police found the SUV on the side of the road, just off of I-65. Investigators believe the victim may have driven up the embankment and come back down.
Saturday afternoon, police were called to the 4400 block of Campbell Avenue, not far from the scene of Monday’s fatal shooting. They found 30-year-old Charles Turner dead in the street. The suspect had also been shot and was taken to Eskenazi Hospital in critical condition.
On Friday night, a man was killed in the 4000 block of North High School Road. Police identified the victim in that case as 35-year-old David Sanders.
On Saturday, police investigated a pair of morning shootings on the south side of Indianapolis. Police captured the suspect, Paul Thompson, 38, in Illinois.
Other shootings from the weekend:
- 3 a.m. Sunday, man suffers from multiple gunshots after shooting in the 3500 block of West 16th Street in the parking lot of Club Venus
- 3:30 a.m. Sunday ,victim in serious but stable condition after shooting near the corner of Stuart and 30th Street
- 6 p.m. Sunday, police called to 600 block of Eudene Street; victim shot in groin and taken to area hospital
- Around 6 p.m. Sunday, victim who was shot in the foot shows up at IU Health Methodist Hospital; victim said he was walking on west side when someone opened fire from a vehicle
- 4 a.m. Saturday, person shot in the 4600 block of West Perry Street