SANDUSKY, Ohio – Thrill seekers will certainly get a test when they ride Valravn, the newest roller coaster at Cedar Point.
According to park officials, it’s the world’s tallest, fastest and longest dive coaster. The ride takes passengers 223 feet up and pauses for four seconds as they stare down the drop in front of them. Once released, passengers will travel at a top speed of 75 miles per hour as they go through three inversions and take a second drop.
The ride, the park’s 18th roller coaster, holds ten records:
- Tallest dive coaster (223 feet)
- Fastest dive coaster (75 mph)
- Longest dive coaster (3,415 feet)
- Most inversions on a dive coaster (three)
- Longest drop on a dive coaster (214 feet)
- Highest inversion on a dive coaster (165 feet)
- Most roller coasters taller than 200 feet at one amusement park (5)
- Most rides at one amusement park (71)
- Most steel roller coaster track at one amusement park (52,125 feet/9.9 miles)
- Most roller coaster track at one amusement park (60,110 feet/11.4 miles)
The park will hold Valravn World Premiere Weekend on May 7 and May 8. All rides will be open during the event. The park will then close from May 9 through May 12 before beginning daily operation on Friday, May 13. For more information visit Cedar Point's website.