SPEEDWAY, Ind.-- The 2016 Indianapolis 500 weekend will kick off Friday with Miller Lite Carb Day.
Journey will play after track activity concludes. The concert is free with a $30 general admission ticket. There are no more additional tickets available for the Miller Lite Concert Pit, a $20 upgrade that provides closer access to the stage.
Sections 31-34 in Paddock Penthouse will be smoke free all day. IMS requests that fans who wish to smoke sit elsewhere for Carb Day activities. This rule will not be in effect for race day.
The schedule for the day is as follows:
- 8:00am - Public Gates Open
- 8:00am - 8:00pm - Ticket Office Open
- 8:00am - 9:00am - Historic Race Car Laps
- 9:00am - 3:30pm - IMS Midway Open
- 9:00am - 11:00am - Firestone Pin Distribution - Pagoda Plaza
- 9:00am - USF2000 Car Unveil - Pagoda Plaza
- 10:00am - 10:30am - Freedom 100 Full Field Autograph Session - IMS Midway
- 10:30am - 10:45am - Sam Schmidt Laps
- 11:00am - 5:00pm - Ivy Tech Garage Tours - Garage #35
- 11:00am - 12:00pm - Final Indy 500 Practice
- 12:05pm - Indy Lights Driver Introductions
- 12:15pm - Invocation - Father Mike Welch
- 12:25pm - "Drivers Start Your Engines"
- 12:30pm - Indy Lights Freedom 100 - 40 Laps
- 2:00pm - 3:10pm - Tag Heuer Pit Stop Competition
- 3:30pm - Neal Schon Vortex Concert - Turn 4 Stage
- 4:30pm - Journey Concert - Turn 4 Stage
- 6:00pm - Public Gates Close
Here's a look ahead at Legends Day:
And here's what's in store for race day: