Chocolate ice cream bowls
Yield: Makes about 6 bowls
- 8 ounces melted chocolate (you can use any chocolate but dark chocolate works best)
- Melt the chocolate using either a double boiler or melt it in 30-second intervals in the microwave.
- Let the melted chocolate cool for about 20 minutes or until it drops below 88 degrees. You MUST allow the chocolate to cool because if you dip your balloon too soon, the heat will cause it to pop.
- Blow up 6 balloons. Hold one balloon by its knot and dip it into the melted chocolate. Swirl the balloon in the bowl to create a smooth layer of chocolate.
- Place the balloon on the baking sheet lined with wax paper; repeat for remaining balloons.
- Place the chocolate balloons into the refrigerator and let them firm up for at least an hour or overnight.
- Once the chocolate has set, pop the balloons with a pin and peel the balloons out of the base of the bowls.
- Fill the bowls with ice cream or anything else you want! Keep bowls refrigerated until ready to use.
Recipe courtesy of Kylee Wierks of Kylee's Kitchen