Cities and towns across central Indiana are having to decide whether or not to postpone their 4th of July celebrations due to rain.
The downtown Freedom Blast fireworks are still scheduled to go on as planned.
Below are the following events that have been canceled or postponed:
- Beech Grove’s July 3 fireworks show has been postponed due to potential flooding, according to police and the Beech Grove Promoters Club. The fireworks were originally scheduled for 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. Sunday. The makeup date is still to be determined.
- The town of Whitestown has postponed its fireworks and Independence Day celebration until Friday, July 8 due to weather. The event was originally scheduled for Sunday night.
- The city of Franklin has postponed their Franklin Firecracker Festival due to the "National Weather Service issuing a Flash Flood Watch and the nearly 100% chance of rain from 5:00 - 10:00 p.m." The makeup date is still to be determined.
- Due to inclement weather, Indiana Grand Racing and Casino has postponed its Independence Day celebration and professional fireworks show that was scheduled for Sunday. It will now take place Saturday, July 9 beginning at 6 p.m.
- The Southport July 4th Parade and Festival for Monday, July 4 has been cancelled due to rain. It will not be rescheduled.
- The Chesterfield Police Department says their fireworks show has been canceled due to inclement weather.
- Brownsburg officials say if it continues to drizzle, they will go ahead with their planned parade. But it'll be canceled if there's thunder and lightning.
- The celebration in Zionsville at Lions Park starts at 5 p.m. Monday night; a rain date is set for for July 9th in case the weather gets worse.
- The Independence Celebration Concert and Fireworks at Saxony Lake and Beach are cancelled. The fireworks are rescheduled for Sept. 2.
- New Castle's fireworks show has been rescheduled for 10 p.m. Tuesday evening.