Indiana man accused of human trafficking, child molestation

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Shaunta DeBouse

UPDATE: 

Shaunta DeBouse pleaded guilty to three counts of child molesting on June 22, 2017.  He was sentenced to 20 years on each count, served concurrently, so he will serve 20 years in DOC.

ORIGINAL STORY: 

WINCHESTER, Ind. – A Randolph County man is charged in a sex trafficking case after investigators said he forced a woman to have sex with men he’d met online.

Shaunta Debouse, 36, was charged with promotion of human trafficking. His accuser said he repeatedly forced her to have sex with men he’d encountered online. Debouse received money for those encounters, the woman said, adding that he physically abused her and threatened to kill her.

During interviews with investigators, Debouse admitted he arranged the sexual encounters but insisted the woman had voluntarily participated in them.

Debouse is also accused of sexually abusing three children and faces five counts of child molesting. Investigators said Debouse initially denied those allegations but later acknowledged molesting two of the three children.

According to the Star Press, Debouse moved to Lynn from Richmond last month. He has previous misdemeanor convictions in New York City, Winston-Salem, N.C., Marietta, Ga., and Knoxville, Tenn. In Indiana, he’s been convicted of resisting law enforcement.

He’s also wanted on a warrant out of Pennsylvania in connection with a hit-and-run crash.

On July 19, he threatened to shoot his accuser with a BB gun and stab her with a broken pool cue, according to Lynn police.