- 1/2 cup Cornmeal
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, cold and diced
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 Whole Eggland’s Best Egg
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 Whole Eggland’s Best Eggs
- 1/2 Sweet Onion, peeled
- 5 slices Bacon
- 2 cups Packed Fresh Spinach Leaves
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Medium Russet Potato, scrubbed
- Seasoned Salt to season fries
- Canola oil for frying
Makes 4 servings:
- Make crust. In a food processor, pulse 1 egg, cornmeal, flour and salt until combined. Add water and butter, pulse until dough holds together. Form dough into a disk, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take the dough out of the refrigerator. Remove the plastic wrap and discard the plastic wrap. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly flour a rolling pin and work surface and roll out dough to a 12-inch round. Place in a 9 inch pie pan, fold overhang under and crimp edges. Poke holes in bottom of the crust. When the oven is ready, put the pie pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, make filling. Slice bacon. Slice onion thinly. In a non-stick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until the fat renders. Add onion and cook until onions are tender. Stir in spinach and cook for about 30 seconds.
- In a medium bowl, beat 2 eggs, whisk in milk. With a slotted spoon, take the bacon mixture out of the skillet and put into the egg mixture bowl. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- After 15 minutes, take the pie pan out of the oven and pour the filling into the crust. Return the pie pan into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the center of the quiche is set.
- While the quiche is baking, make fries. Line a large plate with paper towels. Cut potato into 1/4 inch thick lengthwise then cut into 1/4-inch strips. Heat enough oil to fry potato strips in a heavy skillet (350-360 degrees F). Work in several batches. When the oil gets hot, put potato strips and deep fry until golden brown. Drain on the prepared paper towels then sprinkle seasoned salt. Toss to coat.
- When the quiche is baked, remove the pie pan from the oven and put fries on the quiche, sprinkle cheese over the top and return the pan into the oven. Bake in the oven for another 5 minutes until cheese melts.