Mini Caramel Apples
Yield: Makes about 16 mini caramel apples
- 2 Tablespoons Challenge butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 Granny Smith Apples
- Crushed peanuts, sprinkles or mini chocolate chips.
Other necessary items
- Candy sticks or toothpicks
- Small bowl of ice water
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar and honey, stirring with wooden spoon until combined.
- Slowly add the heavy cream and let mixture come to a boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes, stirring continuously and then set aside.
- Peel apples and then use a melon baller to scoop out apple balls.
- Thoroughly dry apple balls with paper towel to soak up any extra moisture from its surface.
- Insert candy stick into apple balls, making sure to not puncture the other end.
- Dip apple into caramel, letting any excess drip off.
- Immediately stick it into ice water bath for a few seconds to harden caramel.
- Press caramel apple into crushed peanuts or desired topping.
- Immediately transfer them onto plate with wax paper and stick in freezer for at least 15 minutes to finish setting.
- Once caramel is hard, remove from freezer and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Kylee Wierks of Kylee's Kitchen