Pumpkin Gooey Butter Crunch Cake
Yield: Makes one 9x13 cake
- Base1 (16.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix (reserve 1 cup)
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons Challenge butter, melted
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Reserved 1 cup cake mix
- 4 tablespoons Challenge butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine cake mix (minus the reserved 1 cup), egg and melted butter; mix well. Press evenly into bottom of pan.
- Combine pumpkin, 3 eggs, brown sugar, milk, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla and pour evenly on top of base
- Mix together reserved 1 cup cake mix, melted butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and pecans. Sprinkle mixture evenly over pumpkin mixture.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, and test for doneness with a toothpick.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Recipe courtesy of Kylee Wierks of Kylee's Kitchen