Fire interrupts work at Amazon distribution center in Whitestown
WHITESTOWN, Ind. – Work was halted for some employees at the Amazon distribution center in Whitestown when a fire broke out Sunday morning.
Firefighter were called to the fire at 4255 Anson Blvd. around 7:21 a.m. There, crews located the fire in a cardboard compactor.
Officials say Whitestown and Zionsville fire units worked quickly to contain the fire. Damage was reportedly contained to the compactor, although officials say the smoke from the fire was difficult to exhaust due to the size of the building.
The Whitestown fire marshal determined the cause of the fire was an equipment malfunction.
The fire comes on the heels of one the biggest online shopping days, Cyber Monday.