Fishers crews investigate after responding to explosion, fire at Indiana Gun Club

Photo from scene on May 8, 2018

FISHERS, Ind. – Fire officials say a smokeless powder that self-ignited inside a trailer caused an explosion and fire at the Indiana Gun Club on Tuesday evening.

The club, which is located on 113th Street in Fishers, was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived around 6:40 p.m.

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the flames. An enclosed trailer, storage sheds, and a garage were all involved.

No injuries were reported and the club was believed to be closed at the time of the incident.

While additional research will be conducted, investigators believe the interior temperature of the trailer reached an ignition temperature to cause the rapid ignition of materials.