Kale, Radishes and Avocado Salad
- 1 medium bunch kale, stemmed and shredded
- 1 avocado, pitted and flesh removed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 1/2 tbsp leeks, white parts, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 radishes, sliced paper thin on mandolin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (option)
- 1 English cucumber, sliced in 1/4-inch strips for garnish
- Wicked Spice & Seed Blend for garnish
Gather and prepare you mise en place. In mixing bowl, add the kale, avocado and lemon juice. With your hands, press to cream the avocado until thoroughly mixed. Mix in the leeks, tomatoes and some of the radishes–leaving a little bit of the radishes for garnish. Finish with sea salt as an option.
To make the cucumber round and finish the salad, on the center of the plate, connect two cucumber strips and fold to form a found border. Fill with a generous amount of kale salad. Add the remaining radish slices and the Spice & Seed Blend and serve.
As a variation, add chopped fresh herbs or your choice of diced vegetables. You may also substitute chard or spinach for the kale. For a quick snack, wrap it in your favorite whole grain tortilla.