1 garlic clove
2 red bell peppers**
1 can garbanzo beans
Juice of 1 lemon (about 1 T)
Extra virgin olive oil, first cold press
Salt and pepper to taste
- Roast the peppers and remove most of the skin. Don’t kill yourself getting all the skin off, just do your best.
- Place the peppers and garlic in the food processor and turn on to chop them.
- Add the garbanzo beans, lemon juice, and enough olive oil to make a nice, moist mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- You may need to add a little more after it sits for a few minutes and absorbs.
***There are several ways to roast peppers. Some people skewer them and hold them over an open flame. This seems a little too time consuming for me (and maybe dangerous), so I cut the peppers in half and place them on a cookie sheet. I put them into a preheated oven of 450 degrees F and roast them until they are partially burned. It is easiest to take the skin off while they are still somewhat hot.