Purdue University officials said at least one other person has come forward with possible typhoid fever symptoms.
Tuesday, the university announced a cafeteria worker had been diagnosed with the illness after an international trip.
This second person had eaten at Marriott Hall between Jan. 23-25. Lab test results should come back in the next 3-5 days.
Anyone who ate at the Boiler Bistro, John Purdue Room or the coffee shop Lavazza at Marriott Hall could be at risk.
People are at risk for typhoid fever if they eat or drink something contaminated with Salmonella Typhi. This includes food handled by an infected person or sewage contamination in water used for drinking or washing food. School officials said the infected person wore gloves during food preparation and had minimal contact with food.
Typhoid fever symptoms include high fever (103 to 104 degrees), weakness, stomach pains, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or loss of appetite. In some cases, a rash of flat, rose-colored spots may also become apparent. Symptoms typically start showing within 8-14 days after exposure.
The infected worker will not return to work until they have been cleared by the health department, officials said.