LAPD commander refutes claims that body has been recovered from cabin

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LAPD Commander Andy Smith held a press conference late Tuesday night to announce initial reports saying a body had been recovered from a California cabin were incorrect. The commander said the cabin is still too hot for officials to enter the burned out cabin.

Other sources within LAPD had reported that remains, believed to be Christopher Dorner’s, had been pulled from the cabin where he was pinned down.

The commander said officials will continue to handle the investigation as though Dorner is still on the loose.

A week-long manhunt ensued after Dorner allegedly killed several people, including a police officer as part of a campaign for vigilante following his dismissal from LAPD in 2008.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.