While IHOP uses a proprietary batter to ensure that our Brioche French Toast is perfectly delicious every time, here are some tips on how to make Brioche French Toast from home:
- Heat your griddle to 350 degrees.
- Add oil to your griddle
- Make sure you are using FRESH brioche bread
- When you make your batter, (again, ours is a proprietary), but we recommend eggs, milk and sugar, with vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Dip your brioche slices into the batter just long enough to make sure it is evenly coated; DON’T SOAK! (Nobody likes soggy French Toast!)
- To grill to perfection, put in the griddle for about two and a half minutes per side, until golden brown, hot through and through and slightly carmelized.
- Toppings can be as simple as powdered sugar, syrup or fruit.