Dog rescued from northeast side apartment fire dies

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.—A poodle rescued from a burning northeast side apartment over the weekend has died, said animal hospital officials.

The 6-year-old dog named Mandy was rescued by firefighters after an apartment in the 4100 block of North Emerson caught fire Saturday afternoon.

Fire officials said the dog was barely conscious when firefighters found her in the building.  Mandy was given oxygen therapy through a mask and was given fluids through an IV.

She was transported to Noah’s Animal Hospital, where she was later pronounced deceased.

All of the residents in the building were able to evacuate the building safely.