SPEEDWAY, Ind.—IndyCar drivers prepare one last time before Sunday’s Indy 500.
It’s Carb Day at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Friday, and 33 qualified drivers get just an hour to practice in “Race Day trim.”
Fox59’s Chris Hagan was at the track Friday morning and spoke to some drivers about their preparations for the big day.
Carb Day Event Schedule:
- 8 a.m.: Public Gates Open
- 8:30 a.m.: Vintage Car Laps
- 9:30 a.m.: Firestone Tin Distribution
- 10 a.m.: Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- 11 a.m.: Final Practice
- 12:30 p.m.: Firestone Freedom 100
- 2 p.m.: Indy 500 Pit Stop Challenge
- 3:30 p.m.: Coors Light Carb Day Concert