Rain chances return for today here in Indianapolis. Yesterday highs hit 85 degrees and we will likely be cooler than that for today due to an increased rani threat. Severe weather holds off for another day with strong storms possible on Friday and Saturday.
This morning we are tracking another powerful upper low rolling along the Canadian – U.S. border. Just south and southeast of this low we are seeing instability levels that
support severe weather. While rain and storms will be possible today here in Indianapolis, most of the severe weather will likely hold off until Friday and Saturday. We are forecasting a high temperature of 83 degrees with clouds thickening this afternoon. It will also be breezy with winds coming in out of the south at 10 to 20 mph.
As we head into Friday our severe risk will begin ticking up. Instability will increase and large hail and gusty wind outbreaks will be possible Friday and Saturday ending early on Sunday morning. Friday highs will be in the upper 70s with the increase of clouds and rain chances keeping temperatures below 80. The best chance for rain over the next 7 days will be on Saturday with rain possible early and once again later on during the day. I don’t think Saturday will be a washout with a nice break from the rain setting up around mid-day.