A family wakes up to a smoke filled home on the northeast side in the early hours of Sunday morning.
IFD crews arrived at the house at 24th Street and Arsenal Avenue just after 2 a.m., prepared to rescue the family. The call had come through as a possible entrapment.
But when they arrived, everyone had gotten out safely. The family of six escaped without injury. A friend who was spending the night hurt her shoulder while climbing out a rear window. She went to the hospital to be checked out but will be fine.
Officals say the family wasn’t sure if their smoke alarms were working
IFD would like to advise everyone to check your smoke detectors a minimum of twice a year to make sure they operate properly.