Gather all ingredients before beginning recipe.
Equipment: Two cutting boards (one for veggies & one for meat), storage container, metal skewers, knife, latex gloves
Mushroom Caps 1 oz
Sirloin (1 ½” X 1 1/2” Cubes) 6 oz
Yellow Onion (1 ¼” X 1 ¼” Slices) 1 oz
Green Pepper (1 ¼” X 1 ¼” Slices) 1 oz
Tomato (1 ¼” X 1 ¼” Slices) 1 oz
Marinade or Seasoning As Desired
Important to know:
- Cutting your veggies slightly smaller than the sirloin cubes should keep them from burning.
- Metal skewers helps ensure complete cooking of the meat, including the center.
Always wash your hands and sanitize your work area and equipment before starting any recipe.
- Trim stem of mushrooms even with cap
- Place in appropriate container and hold for later use
- Cut remaining ingredients and reserve
- Each kabob contains: 5 sirloin pieces, 2 mushroom caps, 2 tomato slices, 2 onion slices, and 3 green pepper slices.
- With the point of the skewer up slide on one piece of sirloin.
- Place the rest of the ingredients on in this order: green pepper, onion, sirloin cube, tomato, sirloin cube.
- When finished each kabob should weight 9-10 oz.
- Place all kabobs into a container.
- Season or marinate the kabobs to you desired taste and let sit in refrigerator for later cooking on the grill.